In summer 2017, Technopolis completed a comprehensive review of the Group’s strategy, and its strategic and financial targets and announced them on June 2, 2017. The revised strategy covers the years 2017–2020, and also sets the direction for the coming years.
The key elements include:
- Enhancement of the Technopolis concept, which generates high occupancy, premium customer value and rent levels, as well as high customer satisfaction
- Accelerated organic expansion of current campuses
- Significant expansion of the UMA coworking network
- Expansion and increasing profitability of the service business
- Exploiting value-creating acquisition opportunities in the Nordic-Baltic Sea region
- Execution of the strategy and investments without new equity issues
The long-term financial targets and dividend policy are:
- EPRA earnings per share growth of 8–10% per annum
- Return on equity over 8% per annum on an EPRA earnings basis
- EPRA net asset value per share growth of at least 5% per annum
- Equity ratio over 35%
- Aim to pay out an increasing annual dividend of 40–60% of EPRA earnings
In addition to increasing the profitability of the current real estate and service businesses, the company will accelerate organic investments and, in total, expects to spend EUR 200–250 million on development projects over the 2017–2020 timeframe. The Company also plans to allocate approximately EUR 30 million to the development of the UMA coworking network by the end of 2022. Furthermore, Technopolis currently foresees a EUR 100–200 million spend on acquisitions during 2017–2020, but will only act if a compelling value creation opportunity presents itself.
Technopolis aims to execute this strategy without new equity issues, assuming there is no sudden, unforeseen event that would require a capital injection.
Follow-up of the investments is always available in our latest interim report.
Last updated 11.7.2018